CLASSIFICATION OF FRITSCHIELLA
Sub-division :- Algae
Class :- Chlorophyceae
Order :- Chaetophorales
Family :- Chaetophoraceae
Genus :- Fritschiella
THALLUS OF FRITSCHIELLA
- COMMENTS :-
- Thallus is filamentous. The filaments show heterotrichous habit.
- Thallus show typical heterotrichous nature with distinct rhizoidal system, the prostrate system, primary projecting system and the secondary projecting system.
- The rhizoidal system consists of one or more rhizoid-like outgrowths. These arise from prostrate system.
- The prostrate system is made of clusters of cells. These cells are either rounded or irregular in shape. The plants with well developed prostrate system consist of mature filaments.
- The primary projecting system arises from the prostrate system and is aerial in nature. The filaments are uniseriate or biseriate which may -be branched or unbranched. The cells of these filaments are small and rounded. They are green and photosynthetic.
- The secondary projecting system consists of freely branched uniseriate filaments. The cells are elongated. The end cells of the branches terminate into hair-like structures.
- The cells of the projecting system are thin walled. These are uninucleate with a curved plate-like chloroplast that has 2-8 pyrenoids. The cells of primary projecting system and the prostrate system have poorly developed chloroplasts. In rhizoidal system, chloroplasts are completely absent.
- Sub-division– Algae
- Presence of a simple thallus.
- Chlorophyll present
- Cell wall made of cellulose.
- Class – Chlorophyceae
- Presence of a definite nucleus
- Chloroplast present. grass green colour
- Presence of starch
- Reproductive structure motile and flagella equal in length.
- Order – Chaetophorales
- Plant body heterotrichous
- Distinct prostrate and erect systems present.
- Family – Chaetophoraceae
- Plants filamentous
- Terminal or lateral hairs present
- Cells with single chloroplast.
- Genus – Fristchiella
- Plant body filamentous,
- Chloroplast curved and plate-like
- Secondary projecting system composed of tuft of elongated branches with longer cells.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Algae - Definition, Characters, Classification, Example